No country in the world is free from corruption. Nevertheless, the corruption has always been seen to be the most challenging issue for the developing or underdeveloped countries. Bangladesh, being a developing country, has been a victim of corruption for ages.
In Bangladesh, there are a number of legal instruments that are used to prevent corruptions. Some of the major legal instruments are: Anti Corruption Commission Act 2004, Anti Corruption Commission Rules 2007, Anti Corruption Commission Rules 2007 (Amendment), Anti Corruption Guideline 2011, Money Laundering Prevention Act 2012, Money Laundering Prevention Rules 2019 and several others.
One of our expert practicing areas is the anti-corruption and anti-bribery laws. Given our expertise in the field, we have been serving many corporations with regards to corruption, bribery and corporate criminal law issues for many years.
We provide the following services:
- Legal Opinion on anti-corruption and anti-bribery issues;
- Representing clients before Courts, Tribunals and other relevant bodies in corruption related cases;
- Anti-corruption Due diligence;
- Compliance and regulator audits;
- Legal advice on developing anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance system;
- Advise on the investigation procedure of administrative investigation;
- Reviewing internal investigations already completed;
- Anti-corruption risk assessments;
- Research Assistance.
We provide expert legal opinion on anti-corruption and anti-bribery issues:
- We have a team of experienced anti-corruption and anti-bribery law practicing barristers and advocates who provides pragmatic and practical legal opinions meeting the deadlines.
- Sometimes it becomes much more necessary for an entity (both foreign and local) to check if their activities constitute any violation of local anti-corruption and bribery laws and regulations of Bangladesh. We always provide precise legal opinion by examining each and every applicable laws and regulations.
We always suggest to ask for legal opinion before taking any steps that may violate any anti-corruption laws. An expert legal opinion can save you or your business from the hassle of facing any future anti-corruption legal proceedings.
We represent individuals, companies and private/public organizations in the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and We also conduct hearings for our clients at the Company Bench of the High Court Division, Labour Court and Appeal Tribunal and other courts with appropriate jurisdiction in the corporate criminal proceedings.
Conducting due diligence:
Our dedicated team for anti-bribery and anti-corruption law provide the best professional anti-corruption due diligence.
Our anti-corruption investigation areas includes, money laundering, economic corruption, asset-tracing and recovery, tax fraud, accounting fraud, insider trading etc.
Facilitate Research or Research Publication:
As we have been practicing the anti-corruption law for many years, we have gathered a deep knowledge in it. We have worked in collaboration with many reputed organizations with respect to publication of several reports on the Bangladeshi laws of anti-corruption and bribery. Moreover, we have also assisted different foreign law firms to facilitate research on Bangladeshi anti-corruption and bribery laws for different projects.