Import Registration Certificate (IRC) is a mandatory document for business entities who are desirous of importing raw material or other special items to Bangladesh. In order to obtain Import Registration Certificate it is expedient to know that The Office of the Chief Controller of Imports & Exports (CCI&E) issues this certificate and the legal basis for this permission is found in Import Policy Order 2015-2018.
The documents required for issuance of IRC
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Valid Trade License.
- Valid Membership Certificate form a regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry or from relevant Trade Associations.
- Financial solvency certificate from a bank
- Citizenship Certificate
- Treasury Challan
- TIN Certificate
- Partnership Deed
- Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association
The applicant is required to collect the Form of IRCfrom CCI&E office or official website and submit the filled in Form along with supporting documents to the Dispatch Section of CCI&E office.Registration fee and the cost of pass-book should be deposited at the Bangladesh Bank or Sonali Bank and three (3) copies of Treasury Challan shall be collected.
In order to receive the Import Registration Certificate, applicant needs to submit the filled in application Form along with the listed supporting documents and Treasury Challan at CCI&E office.
Estimated processing time for IRC is 4-5 working days.
|Category||Max Import Range||Initial Registration Fess|
|1st||5,00,000|| 5, 000|
Renewal of IRC
IRC is required to be renewed every year. The required documents are:
- IRC and Passbook
- Treasury Challan
- The applicant is required to arrange the above-mentioned documents and deposit the annual renewal fee at Bangladesh Bank or Sonali Bank
Government Fees for Renewal is the same as Above